Episode 169: Givenchy in No Man’s Land
You can Listen online
(Right Click… Save as)
It’s Episode 169 of In the Mood for Podcast!
This week we’re finally back with a jam-packed episode full of news and reviews! First on the agenda is Daniel Day-Lewis’ shock retirement announcement (which fails to convince) and Annette Bening ruling the roost in Venice, plus a record amount of invitations from AMPAS gets our seal of approval. There are reviews of Bong Joon-ho’s madcap fable “Okja” and Sofia Coppola’s period potboiler “The Beguiled,” while we venture into superhero territory with verdicts on Marvel’s latest spidey story “Spiderman: Homecoming” and DC’s critical and box-office hit “Wonder Woman”. Elsewhere, Gal Gadot’s pacing on the front line conjured up images of the catwalk for Cal, there’s a pitch for a Miranda July-led superhero movie, and Irini unforgivably mistakes Garrett Hedlund for a certain Amazonian explorer.
The week’s news:
- “The Square” wins the Palme d’Or
- Daniel Day-Lewis retires from acting
- Annette Bening to head this year’s Venice Film Festival jury
- 774 people invited to AMPAS
[3:30 – 11:25]
- Wonder Woman 17:45 – 26:55
- Spider Man: Homecoming 26:56 – 32:29
- Okja 32:30 – 42:02
- The Beguiled 42:03 – 54:18
- Top Films, Performances and Moments of 2017 so far
[54:19 – 1:15:55]
Shag, Marry or Kill?
The Garrett Gauge
Intro Music: Lolawolf, “House Key”
Outro Music: Dua Lipa, “Be the One”