It’s Episode 144 of In the Mood for Podcast, a British-based film podcast hosted by Calum Reed of Ultimate Addict and Pete Sheppard of In the Mood for Blog.
This week there’s some festival fever, with the upcoming Cannes Film Festival generating fervour abroad, and Derby’s incarnation providing some local interest. We split the reviews segment, as Pete was there for Marvel’s huge sequel to “The Avengers” and Carol Morley’s acclaimed period drama “The Falling,” while Cal caught the gothic thriller “Stonhearst Asylum” and his favourite, Reese Witherspoon, in immigrant tale “The Good Lie.” Elsewhere, we talk about a couple of deaths in the film community, which instigates a discussion of cinematography in the early Noughties, there’s been drama on the set of the new Adam Sandler film, and the return of Greta Scacchi leads to a bit of a love-in. Tune in to discover what Xavier Dolan’s huge faux-pas might have been, which Avengers actress does not survive The Pootsition, and why Reese Witherspoon’s underwear was somewhat of an issue for Cal.
- The death of Richard Corliss
- The death of Andrew Lesnie
- Denis Villeneuve to helm Blade Runner sequel
- Further Cannes Film Festival updates
- Upcoming Derby Film Festival
[2:20 – 14:28]
- The Avengers: Age of Ultron 22:27 – 30:54
- Stonehearst Asylum 30:55 – 39:58
- The Falling 39:59 – 50:20
- The Good Lie 50:21 – 1:01:34
Shag, Marry or Kill?
The Garrett Gauge